Web / Graphic Designers
We are looking for experienced web/graphic designers to create attractive Web sites by using the various elements: graphic guidelines, images, illustrations, layout, fonts, colours, etc. Partway between graphic design and computers, this job requires a good computer background, but especially an eye for design and a dash of creativity. This position is responsible for crafting interfaces for web and mobile applications. Specific duties include establishing conventions, facilitating new development with mockups and wireframes, and implementing their designs. Works closely with developers and product teams, and must be committed to learning and improving their craft. Should ensure that web pages are responsive no matter the type of device a viewer is using. Therefore the need to test websites at different stages of design on a variety of different devices has become an important aspect of the job.
Scope Of Work
* Responsible for creating a site or pages, this includes the design, layout and coding, this can mean working on a brand new website or updating an already existing site.
* Participate with business analysts and development manager in the requirements definition process and estimation.
* Plans site design by clarifying goals; designing functionality.
* Develops site navigation by categorizing content; funneling traffic through content.
* producing products that are user-friendly, effective and appealing.
* Contribute to the incubation of new products and features.
* Develops site content and graphics by coordinating with copywriters and graphic artists; designing images, icons, banners, audio enhancements, etc.
* Prepares site by installing and configuring server software; installing programming language using authoring and formatting tools; ensuring cross-platform compatibility; establishing links.
* Ask questions of developers, designers, product owners, and customers to identify, clarify, and organize system requirements into use cases Establishes locatability by registering with search engines.
* Upgrades site by updating content and graphics; monitoring performance and results; identifying and evaluating improvement options; introducing new technology; maintaining links.
* Implement designs by hand-coding HTML and CSS .
* Protects site by designing and installing security precautions.
* Maintains site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards; editing submissions.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Competencies For Success
* Learning on the Fly
* Technical Learning
* Action Orientated
* Dealing with Ambiguity
* Presentation Skills
* Peer Relationships
* Time Management
* Written Communications
* Problem Solving
You can send Resume to: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org